Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fruitastically Fun!

Oh my goodness gracious.

I just flew back from a festival at the tippy top-east of California, and it was HOT. Hotter than hot. So hot that I thought my wings might melt...and when it is that hot, it is too hard to eat regular food! And when this faery doesn't eat, she gets a bit...loopy.

So what is one to do when it's simply too boiling for regular nourishment??!? Icy cold fruit. Yum, yummy yum yum! And I was so happy about my fruit that I made a small homage to its wonderfulness...along with (bad) haikus.

Watermelon! Wow!
There is no better idea
Than food you can drink!

Not very piney,
Nor are you so apple-y.
But delicious? Yes!

Pink blossoms in spring,
Tart, sweet fruit in the summer,
Cherries, mon cheri.

Apples for teacher,
Like medicine, one a day?
Or - just enjoy them.

Ahh, fruity wonders. I like incorporating teeny fruits into face paintings, because I find them to be less girly than flowers but they are still colorful, and can evoke a strong sense of season!

There will most likely be an appendix to this post, but here is is for now! *smile*

Bumblebees and Pear Trees,
Violet




No comments:

Post a Comment